Monday, March 9, 2009

The Way Young Lovers Do

The "Bodies" exhibition in Dublin was a port of call this weekend. I don't know but I felt it was a very uncomfortable experience, I can't quite put my finger on why seeing as I thought I would be very comfortable with the whole thing but once I got in there it just felt very wrong. You have to ask yourself did the people who are on display there ever sign up to the whole thing. I just felt it would be very sad that at the end of your life you are more or less public entertainment. In a word, troubling. To keep on the theme I think today I will pick a song from Van Morrison's Astral Weeks, an album which deals in life's journey from birth to death. This is one very melancholic post that really doesn't answer any of life's great questions.

2 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

I believe those people do donate their bodies "to science" -Creepy-

Just curious...how much was it to see it? It was about $35 a person when it was here a couple of months ago, I would rather go to a good concert with that kind of dough.

Sleepy said...

One of those, 'You know you shouldn't look but you can't help yourself', moments.

Van the Man's a nice way to start my musical day!