Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shock! Sometimes Technology Works

Okay Stephen Fretwell's Emily isn't exactly new (2005) but I had totally forgotten about it, till I was playing My Recommendations on LastFm, which kindly reminded me what I was missing out on. The wonders of modern technology eh? Anyway I have no idea what this poor girl Emily did to upset Mister Fretwell but it must have been pretty severe. It does remind me of David Gray a small bit (early David Gray, think: Sell Sell Sell and Flesh).

This acoustic version in my opinion is far better than the single that was released (feel free to compare, I take criticism well, I'm used to it). Also its taken me half the morning to find a decent youtube version of it. God what I do to make this blog informative! It's a tough life (note sarcasm, or is it irony, I could never tell the two apart) and also it appears I'm developing an over-reliance on brackets....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The acoustic version is wonderful :)

Neil said...

Yup... Something of a guilty pleasure